Are YOU the perfect addition to our team?
If you are a smart, proactive, curious person who has excellent research and writing skills, you may be the perfect addition to our team. We are looking for the right person to join our team.
We want to work with YOU if:
- You are confident in the fact that law firms help people, and you would be willing to excitedly tell other people that you work at a personal injury law firm (and a great one at that).
- You are curious. You’re a life-long learner who explores answers to your own questions and about facts related to a case you want answers to. You research and investigate and ask questions for the sake of the case and for knowing what to do the next time you’ve got a similar case or question.
- You are willing to ask for help if you need it, even if it means owning up to something that you did wrong. We work as a team, but can only do that successfully if we take responsibility for our mistakes and if we ask for help when we need it.
- You are able to make proactive choices based on the information you already know.
- You have a great work ethic. We like to have fun at work, but we also buckle down and get the job done. And we check our ego and drama at the door.
- You love your clients. Sure, some days, you’re having a terrible day, some days the clients are having terrible days. But you enjoy working with them on their cases and you enjoy getting to talk to potential clients and working with people from sign-up to settlement.
These are some pretty cool qualities in any person, but our biggest “want” is that you have experience as a plaintiff-side litigation paralegal. If you are just starting in the industry but you are a fast learner and are smart, you should still apply. If you have a few years of experience under your belt and are eager to get more experience and work on complex litigation, then you should apply for this job.
Are You the Paralegal We’re Looking For?
We play as a team. We back each other up and we help each other out. If there’s a problem, then you can bring it to someone for help (AFTER you’ve tried to fix it yourself first, of course).
We believe in treating you well. We want you to be able to go home on time. (Really? In a law firm you ask? Yes!). We are fair in our vacation policy, and we do our best to be understanding about what can normally happen in a person’s life (but within reason – and we will not be taken advantage of). We provide free parking in the garage adjacent to our building. We want things to run smoothly and efficiently at our firm, so we’ll put resources into helping you be able to do your job better.
The basic requirements are:
- Paralegal experience at a plaintiff personal injury firm with trial experience.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Capable of working quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Productively works under little supervision.
- Superb customer service experience, on phone and in person.
- You need to be able to write well in English using proper grammar.
- You need to be able to meet deadlines.
- You need to be able to multi-task (real multi-tasking, not “I’m pretending to be busier than I am” multi-tasking).
- You need to have a good phone voice.
- You need to have a system for yourself to prioritize tasks.
- You need to be able to work on Apple computers and use systems like Dropbox, e-filing, TrialPad, Slack, and Google Drive. We are proof that lawyers can go paperless.
As a team, we litigate some of the biggest, most complex injury and death cases in the country. We routinely face dozens of defense attorneys in the courtroom and out-work, out-litigate them. The way we’re able to accomplish 8-figure victories against some of the largest defense firms in the country is by working as a team.
If you are someone who waits to be asked to do something, this may not be the right job for you. On the other hand, if you don’t wait to be asked, but jump in immediately and start solving problems and getting the job done, this might be the perfect job for you.
Email a pdf of your resume to emily@localhost.